Friday, March 30, 2012

Welcome!

Hey y'all! Keeping up with each other is hard to do these days, even with all the technology available to us. There are so many moments every day that I would love to be able to share with our families. Our babies are crazy and give us so many funny and memorable moments, but I can't call each and every person to give them an update. Some stuff is too long to post on Facebook, too. So what to do?


Start a blog, obviously! I can't promise daily updates, but hopefully at least once a week!


The inspiration for the title comes from the Don William's song, "I Believe in You." It happens to be one of my all time favorites and captures my thoughts about life and family pretty well...

I don’t believe in superstars, organic food and foreign cars
I don’t believe the price of gold , the certainty of growing old
That right is right and left is wrong
That north and south can’t get along
That east is east and west is west and being first is always best

But I believe in love
I believe in babies
I believe in Mom and Dad
and I believe in you

I don’t believe that heaven waits for only those who congregate
I like to think of God as love
He’s down below, He’s up above
He’s watching people everywhere he knows who does and doesn’t care
And I’m an ordinary man
sometimes I wonder who I am

But I believe in love
I believe in music
I believe in magic
and I believe in you

Well I know in all my certainty
what’s goin’ on with you and me
Is a good thing
It's true
I believe in you

I don’t believe virginity is as common as it used to be
In working days and sleeping nights that black is black and white is white
That Superman and Robin Hood  are still alive in Hollywood
That gasoline’s in short supply the rising cost of getting by

But I believe in love
I believe in old folks
I believe in children
and I believe in you

The link, if you'll notice, is titled Laugh like a serenade. That also happens to come from a song, this time from the Dixie Chicks. The line says, "Life began when I saw your face, and I hear your laugh like a serenade." Pretty fitting. There is no sweeter sound than your child's laughter.
 
So bookmark this link http://laughlikeaserenade.blogspot.com/ or subscribe and feel to leave comments.


Happy reading!


-Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment