Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter!

Hello, Everyone! I hope y'all had a good Easter. We certainly did. 

Saturday was simply amazing. We started off the morning by sleeping in a little. Then, it was such a beautiful day that we opened the windows and doors to let the breeze through the house. The babies played together outside. They played together almost the entire day without any fighting! Colton declared he wanted to help the earth, so he found some flower seeds in our junk drawer and proceeded to plant them in the yard- just haphazard spots, too. Who knows what we'll see pop up.

Then I set Colton up on a table outside and cut his hair. Every time I do that, I swear I won't do it again! I am not a professional barber. But it would have ruined the whole afternoon to get dressed, load the babies up, drive half way across town, then sit and wait on his hair to get cut. But Colton agreed that next time, we'll just go to the barber. But it's doesn't look to bad as long as we style it messy!

As I was making sandwiches for lunch, I thought, "Why stay home? it's such a lovely day. We could walk down the walking park and have a picnic." It couldn't have been anymore perfect (except Jesse being there). We spread out our blanket and devoured our lunch. Colton went exploring while Ava and I laid on the blanket lounging the sun and shade. Somehow, this turned into "climb on Momma" and ended up with both babies on my back. Ava would sit on me while Colton gave me raspberries on my back! Not fair!

It was a wonderful day. Plus, I made a strawberry pie for Easter so every time we opened the fridge, you got a blast of strawberry smell! I had to threaten Jesse with his life so that he wouldn't get a piece of it before Sunday!

Sunday was just as good. We had a good church service and all looked adorable together! Lunch was delicious as well and everyone had a good time together. Of course the babies had an egg hunt and got lots of goodies.

After a late nap, we all got together and cleaned the babies play room. We consolidated them into one sleeping room and one play room. Well, there were so many toys and such a mess that we couldn't shut the playroom door. Plus, they got new toys for Easter, so we did another major overhaul and loaded up 3 trash bags full of toys that are going to be given away. Colton did very well about getting rid of them. Ava, not so much! Plus, I went through the candy jar and threw out all the Christmas candy. It was old and well picked-through. Now we have it stuffed full of new, great Easter candy. Thank you everyone who donated to our candy jar! 

It was a late night, and therefore a late morning. Go figure! We left late. Then I realized we had to stop for gas because the we drove around yesterday with the fuel light on and Jesse refused to stop for gas! The babies are used to the phrase, "We're late!"  Oh well. Ava ate all the marshmallows out of her Lucky Charms, therefore she ate all her cereal :-)  Colton spilled his cereal on the floor of the jeep and his sippy cup fell over and drowned his blanket in milk. Thank god for leather seats!

But it's a beautiful day! Love to you all!

Love,

Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment