Thursday, May 3, 2012

My new project!

Super excited about my new project! 

Colton, Ava and I went by Salvation Army last week and found ourselves a new chair. Well, it's old, and it was ugly . But It has great bones! It was marked down to $5 from $10 and shoved way in the back. Furniture is 25% off on Wednesday's so we scored it for only $3.75! Can you believe it? What a deal! I explained that we were going to repaint it and put new fabric on it. Colton said we should paint it blue and I couldn't agree more.

When we showed Jesse our score, he said, "Oh! They paid YOU $3.75 to take it home." Not quite...



















Sooo.....off to Jo Ann Fabrics. They had a great sale and I had a great coupon. Would have spent $130 for 3 yards, but got them all for $50! Here's the beautiful winner:

 











Then a trip to Home Depot yielded this:  

 


Not quite blue, not quite green. But definitely beautiful! I love the name, too. I thought about going with something more neutral- like a creamy white. But my heart just couldn't do it! I've been dreaming about a blue chair for a while now, so I just dove right in. 

Tonight will be sanding it down and getting the grime off it. If I'm lucky, maybe even a coat or two of primer. Or maybe I'll actually do the laundry. Tough choice.  ;)

This is the inspiration for our new living room, whenever we get our new-to-us house:


Isn't it lovely? I'm going to go for a restful, monochromatic look with touches of blue, green, and coral everywhere. The upper right color is Stone .04 with the trim being a soft, creamy white called Air .02 The blue/green is Water .07 and the coral is Clay .07 

Well, that's the inspiration for now. It may change slightly when we actually  move in. I've already got lots of ideas for new projects!

Love,

Sunshine





















No comments:

Post a Comment