We had a blast this weekend! We took the babies on their first real camping trip. And I do mean real! No electricity and no running water at a state park. It was only one night, but we're all still tired this morning.
Driving in, we saw a snake and a deer. Jesse went ahead of us Saturday afternoon and got the tent set up. There were six adults and four kids so there were plenty of helping hands. The kiddies spent the afternoon playing in the water by the creek. But the bank was pure clay that was super slippery. Needless to say, there were lots of laughs!
One guy brought a hammock that was suspended between two trees. I seriously don't know how we would have survived without that thing! The three younger kids all piled in that thing and would swing for probably an hour at a time. Everyone took turns pushing them! Ava and I actually took a little afternoon nap in Sunday since the tent was too hot.
We had hamburgers on the grill and went through and entire package of marshmallows in one night! Colton loves to roast marshmallows. He kept sticking them in the fire and would go around and make someone eat them so he could get some more. It was so cute!
I was the first in bed, go figure! The babies loved staying up and playing. But I knew they wouldn't sleep in late. Sooooo.... I was up again at 6:30 when their internal alarm clocks both went off. The three of us took our friend's dog and set out on a walk. It was a nice morning, still foggy with all the spiderwebs in the fields still. We got to see some cool bugs and get some firewood. By the time we got back to camp, the other kids were waking up and then of course it wasn't long until everyone was up! We had a yummy breakfast of eggs and bacon and then spent the day fishing, playing in the water and exploring the creek.
Oh! we stopped at the dollar store and Ava got a new net so she could catch "fwudderfwies!" She is so cute! Her net actually caught Colton minnow and some crawdads. The bubbles we brought also entertained the children and adults for hours on end.
We are so glad that everything we well and I'm sure we'll do it again. in the fall. I would love to hear any funny stories y'all have about camping!
Love,
Sunshine
Sounds like you and the kids had a blast on the camping trip. And nothing is yummier than a burnt, roasted marshmallow! If I had time and space I could share a few camping trip experiences with you... with some kids about 20 or so years ago...I believe one was a red head...:)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you have lots of funny stories to tell! I remember one about a tire, a camper and lots of sparks on the road!
ReplyDeleteWho could ever forget Pineville. :) Horses, mules, swimming, skunks wandering around the campsite at night, a little girl in jeans & boots with her miniature pony named Gizmo.....:)
ReplyDeleteI also seem to remember a certain snake tucked away somewhere and you rescuing him and taking him back down to the river!
ReplyDelete