Wednesday, June 6, 2012

It's summer!

Today is the first day of summer break for the babies. They are so excited. We have a busy summer planned, too.

Colton had a great first year at school. We got his report card yesterday and, once again, he made all S's! He's starting his scholastic career extremely well and we couldn't be more proud of him! His teacher gave everyone in the class awards and he received "Most Imagination." He also told me this morning that he was the smartest kid in the class! Confidence obviously isn't a problem for him. 

Our summer is going to be action packed. We close on the house hopefully next week. We have our rental house until July so every extra day we get in June will be a great help in getting our to do list done before we move in. The babies are super excited to move to a new house, even though they haven't seen the inside yet. Colton wants a yellow room and Ava wants purple, of course! Every room in the house is going to be painted except the bathrooms. The kitchen cabinets are in good shape, but they will also get a few coats of paint and new hardware. Jesse is adding can lights galore (thank you, Baby :-)) and replacing all the outlet and switches. Plus, changing out the heating element in the hot water heater, replacing the HVAC thermostat and all the hose bibbs. 

At the end of June, the babies are taking a vacation with their daddy to go see Grandma and Grandpa Menefee. They both love playing on the little farm my parents have. Every morning, they get to go on an egg hunt to find the fresh eggs the hens have laid. Plus, there's a pond in the front yard! It's full of catfish they try to catch. No trip to the farm would be complete without lots of rides on the neigh-neighs, either!

As soon as the get back from Grandpa's, we're loading up Mimi and Mr. David's car and all of us are setting out on a road trip to see Aunt Brenda up near Chicago. There will be lots of exciting things going on up there including a free zoo, an aquarium, the Taste of Chicago and Navy Pier. 

Then Grandma Menefee is coming down for a few weeks at the end of July. Colton also wants to go see his cousins, Hannah and Parker. This will be the summer of the family! 

I know I said it before, but I'm just so excited! I imagine there will also be lots of caffeine involved! My dreams are large, my stamina small. 

We hope everyone has a great summer and hope to see ya soon!

Love,

Sunshine

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an action-packed summer. I totally get the "dreams big, stamina small" concept. If only I had enough energy to do it all, I could do great things.:) Hopefully, we can get at least the most important things completed.Enjoyed your post, and I totally agree that Colton has a "super" imagination...and he is a super kid! And of course, there is sweet AVa. I can't wait to see you all this summer.

    ReplyDelete