Monday, June 25, 2012

Still going...

So...
This weekend was all about the house. We got a lot accomplished with the help of our friend, Daryl. When it comes to painting, he prefers to cut in, and is very talented at it. Which is perfect, but I was in such a hurry that I only wanted to roll. I am pleased to say that I absolutely love every color we chose! There was so much painting to do that I almost gave in and decided to not paint the living room/dining room/ hall/ library/kitchen. But I already bought all the paint, so I started in the living and dining rooms and was ecstatic as soon as the roller hit the wall. I also have to paint almost all the trim. It's a perfect white now, but I want a softer look. Plus the fireplace is already a cream color. It's just a little difference that makes a big impact. It's going to be a very calming space. 

Jesse was a little perplexed that I decided to paint everything one color. I have officially turned that boy! He talked me into painting one wall in the living an accent color. We'll have paint leftover from the kid's bath, so the accent wall will be a bright cyan color. 

We also got the new lock installed. It's awesome! It has an electronic keypad so we don't even have to have a key. You just punch in your code and open the door. You just push a button, and it locks. Jesse and I had a bet going. He didn't think changing the locks was important, but I was dead set on it. So I said that I would do it. He bet me it would take over 2 hours. I said, no way. I'll get it done in an hour. Guess who won? It was kinda a draw, but I'm saying I won. It took me an hour and half, but we got interrupted and I had to talk to the plumber, so I'm still saying I won! 

Jesse got lots of electrical work done, I think! Most of his work is stuff that doesn't have an immediate result. He was in the attic for a long time, and had to re-wire switches and replace boxes and what-not. We're adding a few fans so he has to replace and add some boxes to hold all the weight. The whole house wiring didn't make much sense to us, so he's basically rewiring the whole thing. Just moving switches so that they make more sense. 

All three of us worked really hard this weekend, and there's more to come. Thankfully, we can stay in our rental house until August, so that give us a lot more time. It would be impossible to move everything out and repaint the rental buy this weekend. I'm pretty sure we would both drop dead from exhaustion! 

I would post pictures, but I'm too busy to download them! Maybe I'll get some posted this week. All in all, we're both extremely happy and very tired. But, I am renewed this morning and am busy finding more things to buy! All these details! We're going to gut our bath and redo the entire thing, so tile is my next big to-do item. Oh yeah, we're getting new dual-flush toilets also. So I'm researching those along with refrigerators. 

We were going to wait the do anything to the kid's bath, but the half of their light fixture doesn't work, so if I'm replacing that, I might as well replace the rest of the fixtures. The last owners mounted the towel bars with only adhesive. STRONG adhesive. I had to knock them both off and of course, rip the sheetrock in the process. More putty and sanding. So repainting is also now necessary. But we decided to hold off on painting the kitchen cabinets until after we move in, so that will save us the time we didn't plan for in the bath.

Well, I've about talked your eyes off, so I'll let ya go. I just want to say that Jesse and I are both very thankful for all the blessings we have and the ability to do all this work. 

Love,

Sunshine

2 comments:

  1. Really looking forward to the pics whenever you have the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't hold your breath!!! Not a spare moment lately...

    ReplyDelete