Thursday, November 8, 2012

Our monkey turned 4!!!

Happy birthday to the most beautiful, smartest and most helpful girl in the world! Ava Raine Bevany turned 4 yesterday. She chose donuts for breakfast. Colton and I were both happy about that:) Then we got to watch Colton get his A-B honor roll award. At daycare, her Aunt Ashley brought treats for her class. Oh! She got two birthday princess buttons to wear all day, too! We ended the night with a nice, warm, slippery bubble bath. All in all, a good day.


Saturday, we're going to the Flutterby Festival in a nearby town. It's all about butterflies. They get to make crafts, read stories and learn about butterflies, which are migrating right now. We'll do cake and presents and have a little party at the park for her. 

Ava's getting big, too. I've realized over the past few days for some reason that she is getting a little too big to carry around all the time. Neither one of likes that idea! She likes to be a big girl until it's time to walk. Then she turns into a baby again. 

In other news, Colton is super smart, but we all knew that anyway, right? He made the A-B honor roll his first semester in 1st grade. His teacher even said he was very smart. He tested above the school average in almost every subject in the standardized testing. He's very creative, too. Almost every paper he brings home has doodles on it. His teacher said she thinks they're adorable, but of course some teachers wouldn't like that. 


Jesse and I finished the bookshelf I started while he was gone. It went so badly that I just gave up on it. Then, I dragged in out onto the porch to work on it, and the whole thing just felt flat onto the deck.But in my defense, Jesse said the drill I was using was absolute crap. It's no more than an electric screwdriver. He really saved the day! It was so much easier with him and we knocked it out of the park. Of course, he had ideas to improve on the next one (in the near future) and thought I was crazy for adding the "x"'s on the sides, but I had a vision and I wasn't  going to stop until it was complete. I just finished painting it, and really couldn't be happier. 


He is super happy, too, because he now has an outdoor knife throwing stand and an indoor one. His man cave is really taking shape. He added new lights and got it all extremely organized and now has his favorite hobby in there too. Colton loves to throw knives in there also.

I think that's about all the news I have for now. Have a good one!

Love, 

Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment